Saturday, April 25, 2009

The Millard House (La Miniatura)

Part II of my Pasadena adventures:

After I toured the Gamble House I went to the bookstore and saw that they sold guides for walking tours of the neighborhood for one or two dollars. The self-guided tour included several significant homes within walking distance of the Gamble House and to my surprise (and delight!) there was a Frank Lloyd Wright house only blocks away! The house is the Millard House, also known as La Miniatura, and it was built in 1923 right after the Hollyhock House. The house is privately owned so I wasn't able to see the inside, but I took several pictures of the outside. One side of the house is blocked by a gate (sorry about the obstructed photos toward the end). I was able to get a closer look at the other side. Taking pictures of someone else's house is legal, right?

645 Prospect Crescent, Pasadena














No comments: