Saturday, April 25, 2009

The Sowden House

A few months ago I had the distinct privilege of seeing the inside of Lloyd Wright's Sowden House on Franklin Ave. on the border of Los Feliz (one of the perks of being a docent at the Hollyhock House). The house is closed to the public and rented out periodically. It was built in 1926 and underwent a massive renovation in 2001. It was one of the most spectacular houses I've EVER seen! Unfortunately...I'm not allowed to release the pictures I took of the inside of the house =/ Private use only. But if you have a chance to drop by the house or take a closer look next time you're driving down Franklin, the front of the house is pretty awe-inspiring. Between the movies that have been filmed there and the Black Dahlia rumors swirling around it, the house is incredibly fascinating and I'll never forget the experience!

5121 Franklin Avenue



No comments: